Christmas Tour of England 2017
December 6th – 12th
London – Bath – Bristol – Cotswolds – Oxford – London
Join us on a 7 day/6 night vegan Christmas tour of England! We understand it can be difficult for vegans and vegetarians to go travelling, especially to more remote areas where options are limited. This tour is inclusive of most meals – both casual and gourmet – so that our Japanese guests can fully enjoy a magical English Christmas season. With its unique cities, beautiful countryside and quaint villages, come and explore the ‘real’ England with a vegan twist!
- Experience a very English Christmas season full of crisp winter air, beautiful scenery, Christmas fairs and festive treats like mulled wine and mince pies.
- Guided every day by Yumiko Kijima-Tivers, who has lived and worked in the UK for many years. She has the highest ‘Blue Badge’ tour accreditation, has appeared on Japanese and British TV, has given various talks and has written books about the English way of life.
- Explore both city and villages.
- Learn about the history of veganism in the UK.
- Enjoy an array of culinary experiences, including but not limited to; casual cafes, gourmet restaurants, traditional afternoon tea and a vegan cooking class.
- Visit the first Farm Sanctuary in the UK, full of happy rescued animals.
December 6th (Wednesday) – LONDON
- There is no fixed arrival time, giving you the freedom to arrive in London and check in after 14:00 at your own convenience. ⊕
- Be greeted by your tour guide and stay overnight at a London hotel.
- Receive a map of 2 vegan restaurants and Greenbay (London’s only fully vegan supermarket) all of which are within a few minutes’ walk of the hotel.
December 7th (Thursday) – BATH
- Meet your group and travel to the west of England for Afternoon Tea ⊕
- Vegan Cookery Class at one of the UK’s oldest and most prestigious vegetarian cooking schools ⊕
- Bath Christmas Market ⊕
December 8th (Friday) – BATH
December 9th (Saturday) – BRISTOL
December 10th (Sunday) – COTSWOLDS
- Explore the Cotswolds ⊕
- Sudley Castle by night ⊕
December 11th (Monday) – COTSWOLDS
December 12th (Tuesday) – Oxford
- We are hoping to support as many vegan only businesses as possible. When this is not possible, we will visit vegetarian or veg-friendly places.
- We will try as much as is possible to limit exposure to animal use and will be requesting vegan bedding, etc at hotels. Some things, however, may be unavoidable. This could include the sale and consumption of non-vegan products by members of the public at some sightseeing destinations and restaurants, or the use of wool or leather furniture in public places.
- We have not included sightseeing in London on this tour as it is so easy to travel vegan in London. For those guests who would like to stay in London before or after the tour, we will be more than happy to arrange extra nights at the hotel and recommend vegan resources for their stay. We can also organise vegan-guided tours of London after the main tour on request.
- We reserve the right to change this itinerary if there are circumstances beyond our control.